The WEEE regulations
Implemented in 2007, the Waste Electrical and Electronic Equipment (WEEE) Regulations set about increasing the reuse and recycling of waste Electrical and Electronic Equipment (EEE) by reducing the amount of WEEE going to landfill. The regulations aim to improve the environmental performance of businesses that manufacture, supply, use, recycle and recover EEE.
As a Producer, it is our responsibility to finance the end-of-life treatment of our products.
We are proud to be a member of the UK’s leading lighting compliance scheme, Recolight, which manages this on our behalf.
Free lamp recycling from Recolight
Recolight is the leading WEEE compliance scheme for the lighting industry. They take on the responsibility of our compliance; giving our customers access to the UK’s most comprehensive free lamp, LED and luminaire recycling service.
The WEEE scheme that sets the standard for the lighting industry
- Recolight members have recycled over 38,000 tonnes of lamps, LEDs and luminaires since 2007, more than all other UK schemes combined.
- A dedicated customer service team managing over 750 waste lamp, LED and luminaire collections per month.
- UK wide network of over 3200 collection points giving you access to FREE recycling.
- Committed to maximising the recycling of all lighting in scope of the WEEE regulations.
- Accredited by the Environment Agency for B2B and
- Not for profit – maximising funds available to provide free recycling.
- Set up by the lighting industry, working for the lighting industry, and a member of the LIA.